Adios, 2006! Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! *grin*
Now to think about 2007… I haven’t really done resolutions in a couple of years, simply because I know that I’ll break them all by the end of January. Really, when I decide to go on a resolution-breaking-bender, I break many at one time. That would be why I still smoke (but only when I drink, though), buy copious amounts of yarn like it’s going out of style, am still many pounds shy of my "target" (I am, however, much more comfortable in my own skin, so that’s a good start)… you get the idea. Since I’ve been in this funk this holiday season, I’ve been trying to think of ways to get myself out of it. Starting with a clean slate seems like it would be a good start. How to start with a clean slate and have a means of maintaining it? Making resolutions. (It’s a vicious cycle, those resolutions. They are quite sneaky like that.) So, with that in mind, here are the 2007 resolutions:
In 2007, I resolve to…
- Change the living situation. Get a place on my own again.
- Get more organized – I spend the money on a planner, I’d better use it.
- Make more time for me. For those who know me know that this one is a big one for me. Fitting in some relaxation time should definitely take away the blahs and make me a hell of a lot happier – more like my usual, perky self.
- Learn more about the other aspects of running a small business.
- Take better care of myself. Which seems like it’d fit into #3, however, I’m talking more about the health-aspect this time. Visit the doctor regularly, eat healthier, exercise more.
- Blog more. Yes, I can already hear the laughter coming from that one. I need to pay better attention to both of my blogs. I’ve been contemplating doing the Project 365 I read about on some other blogs, but haven’t worked out how to go about it. Should I blog a picture daily (which would definitely increase postings)? Or should I blog the pictures weekly? Hmmmm…
- Inventory my yarn stash and develop a spreadsheet for it. (Talk to Katie and ask if I can have a copy of the one she has… that would be an easy start – and then I won’t have an excuse not to.)
- Improve my poker game and actually win some money at the Blue Carpet Casino’s larger Hold ‘Em Tournaments. I’ve become a much better player with all the practice I’ve gotten this past year, but I want to start kicking some ass. 😉
- Read more. It’s a favorite pastime of mine, and I never seem to make a lot of time for it lately. There are a ton of books that I own and have said that I’ll read when I get around to it, and even more on my list of books to read. I hope to keep track of what I read and how many times I might reread a book. (Hey, can you blame me, the movie for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is coming out in July and Book 7 – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – will quite possibly be coming out this year as well!)
I think that’s good enough for now. I mean, I wouldn’t want to overwhelm myself, would I? 😀 Actually, what I’m most proud of with these is how positive they are. Normally, I’d focus on the negative aspects of making resolutions… this year, not so much. Which makes me happy. It looks like it may have taken 31 years, but I’m finally okay with me. Which is good.
Have a very happy 2007 everyone!!!